Norwescap Pathways 2 Prosperity (P2) through education, mentoring, skill building and networking, participants, called Path Leaders, design their own pathway to sustainable self-reliance and resiliency.
A pathway which includes securing living wage employment not just a job; building savings not just paying the bills; obtaining reliable transportation not just a ride, and developing a long term solution to insufficient resources not a short term temporary fix.
P2 meets weekly providing educational curriculum for both the adults and children who participate in our Compadres program. Weekly meetings provide dinner and the opportunity to create peer support with fellow Path Leaders and networks across economic lines with volunteers.
The P2 journey is a three-phase process. Phase I begins with a motivational career and life planning curriculum where Path Leaders evaluate how poverty impacts their life and the community. Through an inventory of their personal resources, they develop individualized action plans with identified dates of completion that create financial independence and family stability.
Phase II begins with Path Leaders partnering with volunteers who assist them in putting their Prosperity Plan into action. Weekly meetings continue with comprehensive education focusing on the skills and tools needed to make their Prosperity Plan a reality.
Phase III begins as Path Leaders accomplish their goals and become mentors, committee members, and/or volunteers supporting the sustained growth of P2.
What Will You Discover at Pathways 2 Prosperity (P2)?
- This is a free program with transportation assistance provided
- Gas cards, payment for attending meetings, incentives for enrolling
- Weekly meetings that provide dinner and the opportunity to create your plan for success
- Community support as you work towards achieving your goals
- A fun and educational youth/children’s program
- Participants have secured/improved employment, stabilized housing, graduated training/college programs, secured transportation, reduced debt, and increased savings
For more information on the Norwescap Pathways2Prosperity program:
Located within the Christ Episcopal Church
62 Main Street, PO Box 3135
Newton, NJ 07860