NEED HELP PAYING FOR CHILDCARE?
Click here for information and to access our application in English and Spanish.
ARE YOU A CHILDCARE PROVIDER LOOKING FOR RESOURCES?
Click here to learn more about the supports we offer for current and potential providers!
Child and Family Resource Services
Child and Family Resource Services (CFRS) empowers families and the community by enhancing the quality and accessibility of early childhood education, and by providing information and resources to community services that support families and providers. Most of our services of free of charge.
Are you looking for assistance paying for childcare?
Download our application in English or Spanish and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family services include:
- Helping families pay for childcare in Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties
- Development and education information to families
- Free and confidential referrals for families to early education programs
- Free and confidential referrals for families to community resources for assistance in housing, food, employment, education and other resources to strengthen families
- Developmental screening supports for children ages 6 weeks – 5.5 years
Are you looking for assistance paying for childcare? View information on childcare subsidies in English or Spanish. To apply, download our application in English or Spanish and email back to us at email@example.com.
Do you have a question, need help with your application, or need a referral to a childcare provider or other resource? Call your nearest location to speak with a Family Engagement Specialist:
Provider services include:
- Guidance on how to become a child care provider
- Registration of family childcare providers – view information in English or Spanish
- Quality initiatives including Grow NJ Kids and professional development for early education programs
- Monthly newsletter with information and resources
Are you a current or potential childcare provider looking for resources and information? View our flyers in English and Spanish to learn how we can help you, and contact us at (908) 454-1078 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- More information available at: https://www.childcarenj.gov/
- Finding Quality Child Care:
- Child Care Assistance:
- Quality Initiatives
Additional Resources for families:
NJ Child Care Site
- Other resources in our community or Call Norwescap and ask to speak with a Family Engagement Specialist
- Referrals to Early Education Programs: Childcarenj.gov
Press Releases, Public and Legislative Affairs & Publications
- As of March 2023, reimbursement rates will increase for licensed child care centers and family child care providers: Rate increase for Centers and Family Child Care DFDi 23-02-05
- April 2022 Provider Notice Attendance Study
- Center-Based Complaints: https://www.njccis.com/njccis/public-complaint or call Office of Licensing at 1-877-667-9845
- Family Child Care Providers Complaints: Email email@example.com or call us – Hunterdon County: 908-782-8183, Sussex County: 973-383-3461 or Warren County: 908-454-1078
- Report Abuse: https://www.nj.gov/dcf/reporting/how/index.html or call 1-877-NJ-ABUSE
- Disaster and emergency information: https://nj.gov/humanservices/emergency/
Other Programs that can provide assistance
Head Start promotes early childhood education, health, nutrition, mental health, and social services to children and families.
Early Head Start
Early Head Start promotes early childhood education, health, nutrition, mental health, and social services to families.
Norwescap’s Traditions Family Success Center offers programming and services that help families in Warren County succeed and thrive together.