Interested in learning more about Norwescap’s AmeriCorps programs or becoming a member?
Contact our Program Manager, Jessica Irish at email@example.com or 908-454-7000 ext. 3032.
AmeriCorps & AmeriCorps VISTA
Norwescap’s AmeriCorps programs enhance our mission by engaging part-time and full-time AmeriCorps service members to serve in key roles at in organization. AmeriCorps members typically spend one year with Norwescap, working on specific projects. They receive a stipend for living expenses and an award at the completion of their service hours that can be used for educational expenses.
Norwescap has two types of AmeriCorps programs:
- AmeriCorps State and National members work part-time or full-time in the organization’s Financial Empowerment Centers. Members serve as Engagement Partners, Financial Coaches, or Employment Coaches, helping provide critical, hands-on services to people in need, servicing five counties in New Jersey.
- AmeriCorps VISTA are full-time members who work on building capacity in key areas for Norwescap and its partners. Projects at Norwescap have focused on areas such as program evaluation, grant writing, community engagement, outreach and marketing, and customer service improvement.
Norwescap also runs an AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program for volunteers in the community age 55 and older.
Interested in Applying to serve as an AmeriCorps member?
- Visit the AmeriCorps site
- Click “Apply to Serve”, then create your profile
- Once you complete your profile, fill out the application section on the left
- Fill in references and Submit
- Once references are verified, click on the “Search Listings” tab and search “Norwescap”
- Select the role you’re interested in: for AmeriCorps State/National choose Financial Coach, Employment Coach, or Engagement Partner, or select one of the AmeriCorps VISTA roles, and click Apply.
To learn more about AmeriCorps, visit the AmeriCorps National Website.
Other Programs that can provide assistance
Norwescap’s AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP program matches individuals age 55 and older with meaningful volunteer opportunities.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
As we support individuals and families through our various programs, we also welcome and encourage people to give back to their communities through volunteering in ways that are meaningful to them.
Are you looking for a career where you can make a real difference in people’s lives? Join our team!