The time has come for one of the most anticipated events of the year, and trust us, you won’t want to miss it. This is our 6th year celebrating in a way that brings a sizzle to downtown Phillipsburg… a tingle to our taste buds… and a jingle to our toes as the dancing starts at Pork Roll Palooza. We’ve got all the juicy details right here!
What’s the Scoop?
On Sunday, October 15th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., (NOTE: This is a change in date to accommodate weather reports) Shappell Park and the surrounding streets will be transformed into a pork-tastic wonderland. Norwescap, in cahoots with the Phillipsburg Downtown Association, is bringing you the 6th Annual Pork Roll Palooza, and it’s going to be a hoot and a half. The best part? Admission is totally FREE, rain or shine. Yep, you heard that right – FREE fun for everyone!
Now, let’s talk about the star of the show: pork roll! We’re not holding back on the deliciousness here. From classic pork roll sandwiches to mouthwatering pork roll empanadas, soup, and nachos, we’ve got all your pork roll cravings covered. And that’s just the tip of the porky iceberg!
- We Squeeze to Please- Sandwiches
- Endless Empanadas- Pork Roll Empanadas
- Steele Hill- Sandwiches
- Willets Own, LLC- Pork on a Stick
- Elaine Thomian- Pork Roll Fried Rice, Jerk Chicken
- Quickies Egg Rolls- Pork Roll Egg Rolls
- Bacon on a Stick- Bacon on a stick! It all comes from a pig 😛
- The Marie Daily, LLC- Fries
- Jersey Girl Pickles- Pickles, Olives, Salsa
- Uncle Bucks Ice Cream Truck- Ice Cream
- Desserts By Robin- Cupcakes
- Kim’s Cotton Candy and Sno Cones, LLC- Cotton Candy
- Mona’s Bakery- Cookies and Cakes
Prepare your taste buds for an epic food journey. That’s over a dozen food vendors cooking up a storm, offering everything from pork roll sandwiches to funnel cakes, sweet potato fries topped with—you guessed it—pork roll. There’s something for every palate, guaranteed. .
Jam to the Beat
But wait, there’s more! We’ve got live music to keep your toes tapping all day long. Head over to the Gazebo in Shappell Park and groove to the tunes of some seriously talented bands:
- Smooth Retsina Glow: These guys are the new kids on the block, and they’re here to rock your socks off with their dynamic, creative, and invigorating music. Check them out at smoothretsinaglow.com.
- James Supra/Sarah Ayers Band: Get ready for some bluesy goodness that’ll have you on your feet. Learn more at jamessuprabluesband.com.
- The Janet Van Kline Ensemble: A fusion of jazz and R&B that’s sure to delight your senses. Listen to Janet on SoundCloud or Apple Music.
Sponsors, Vendors and More!
Big shoutout to McWane Ductile, our Premiere Palooza Sponsor! We couldn’t do it without you. And we’ve got other fantastic sponsors including ShopRite; Florio Perrucci Steinhardt Cappelli & Tipton LLC; Bourbon Street Wine & Spirits; First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union; Xfinity; Budd Agency; and MJ Harris Consulting, LLC. And thanks to Warren County Division of Cultural & Heritage Affairs, we’ve got some extra funds to keep the live bands rocking!
Plus, plenty of vendor booths to shop:
- Naturally Healing CBD- Tea, Honey, Topicals & Tinctures
- V’Shines Treasures Boutique, LLC- Costume Jewelry
- Handmade By Jillie- Assortment of Crafts & Home Decor
- 3 Eagles Krafting- T-Shirts and Tumblers
- Groomington Eats- Dog Food Truck
- The Greater Outdoors- Fishing Baits and accessories
- Horn of Plenty SOLA- Unique Wood Flower Arrangements
- Lit Girl Candle- Soy Candles
- Kayla’s Metaphysical Gifts- Handmade Art and Accessories
- Clowns and Gowns- Inflatables, Glitter Tattoos & Light-up toys
- Author Mark Vogal- Books and Jewelry
- Artist Bob Gherardi- Artwork
- Bloomin Cottage- Resin art, Wreaths, & Pig Art
- Good Vibe Ink- T-Shirt Screening
- PointFX Blade Z- Martial Arts
- Courtney Blissful Bath- Bath salts & Scrubs
- Around Again Consignment Shop- Clothes & Accessories
- T-Mobile- ” The wireless experience you’re looking for is here”
- Curly Crafty Mama- Tumblers and Shirts
- All American Gutter Protection- Gutter Protection
Games and Contests
New for 2023, we’re spicing things up with some fantastic contests and activities:
- Best Pooch Pork Roll Palooza Costume Contest
- Best Pork Roll Dish (sweet and savory)
- Pork Roll Palooza Pig Races (sponsored by Bourbon Street Wine & Spirits)
- Quoit Tournament
- Family Pig Pen (sponsored by McWane Ductile)
For more details on these exciting activities, stay in touch with our social channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and join the conversation using #OneNorwescap , and keep an eye on porkrollpalooza.org.
Let’s Get Porky
We’re expecting somewhere in the thousands of guests to join us for this pork-tastic celebration, so mark your calendars and come hungry! Pork Roll Palooza is where the community comes together to relish all things pork roll and so much more. It’s a day of family fun, music, games, and, of course, pork roll bliss.
Don’t miss out on the porkiest party in Phillipsburg! See you there!
by Dawn Hartfelder – updated 10/13/2023
- To learn more about how Norwescap Invests in Phillipsburg through events like this, please visit this page: Community Development (norwescap.org)
- To support Norwescap’s work with a monetary donation, please visit this link: Donate (norwescap.org)
- Follow, Like, and Friend Pork Roll Palooza and Norwescap to stay in touch: Norwescap LinkedIn, Pork Roll Palooza Facebook, Pork Roll Palooza Instagram, Norwescap YouTube and join the conversation using #OneNorwescap.
- Stay informed on topics like this and the current events happening at Norwescap by subscribing to our e-Newsletter