Job Title: Part Time Computer Skills Instrutor-English & Spanish
Are you a recently retired computer skills instructor? Are you passionate about teaching beginners how to use a computer? Do you enjoy those “aha” moments when someone suddenly understands an app feature? Do you want to do meaningful part-time work and make a difference in other people’s lives? Then we have the right job for you.
Send application/resume and/or letter to:
Phone: / Fax:
Norwescap Program: Career & Life Transitions Center
Job Location: Washington, Fleminton & Plainfield
• Must be highly empathetic.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in Spanish and English.
• Expert in MS Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, eMail and web browsers.
• Excellent inter-personal skills mandatory. You have to know how to teach and encourage beginner computer users.
• Must be patient and repeat instructions with a smile on your face and in your voice. This is essential for working with our population.
• Highly proficient teaching virtually using Zoom.
• Must be a well-organized, resourceful individual who is able to prioritize assignments with attention to detail, accuracy and due dates.
• Team player with ability to exercise sound judgment with reference to needs of our clients.
• Flexibility in work hours necessary in order to respond to requirements of program.
• Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and deliver the Computer Essentials! curriculum: Virtual Communications Essentials!, Essential Computer Knowledge!, Manage Your Internet!, Take Charge of Your eMail!, Master Your Schedule!, and Never Lose Your Files Again!.
• Maintain and deliver Fundamentos de Computadora and Conceptos básicos de Internet in Spanish
• Maintain and deliver the Job Readiness curriculum: Professional Documents, Easy Budgets & Charts, Get Your Point Across, Secrets of a Successful Job Search, and LinkedIn.
• Update software and course materials as necessary to meet the needs of clients and the program.
• Assess client progress using pre/post assessment tool.
• Provide staff with workshop descriptions and dates for marketing the classes.
• Track client attendance on SharePoint.
• Responsible to contact and advise class attendees of program changes such as power outage or snow delay.
• Provide IT support for CLTC as needed.
• Annually set training schedule and advise the staff.
• Keep CLTC Director informed of all issues affecting the professional operation of the program.
Come join Norwescap’s Career & Life Transitions Center and make a difference.
Number of Positions To Fill: 1
Number of Weeks Per Year: 50
Number of Hours Per Week: 16.5hrs. Tuesday to Thursday
Rate of Pay: $$24-$26
Required Level of Education:
Required Number of Months / Years Experience:
Required Degree of Formal Training:
Required License Certificate or Registration:
Deadline For Submission: