Job Title: Family Engagement Specialist
Family Engagement Specialist
Send application/resume and/or letter to:
Phone: N/A / Fax: N/A
Norwescap Program: Child and Family Resource Services
Job Location: Sussex & Warren
Norwescap Child and Family Resources (CFRS) is seeking a Family Engagement Specialist. Norwescap CFRS is the designated Child Care Resource and Referral Agency for Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties, by the NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development (DFD). Our mission is to empower families and the community through enhancing the quality and accessibility of early education and by providing information and resources to community services.
Family Engagement Specialists connect with the community by offering support in the form of helping to assess the needs of families and providing referrals to internal and/or external programs that preserve or improve the lives of families.
1. Completes needs assessment with families, including current and walk-in customers.
2. Provides relevant referrals to both internal Norwescap programs and community resources.
3. Provides assistance to people experiencing homelessness.
4. Plans and executes four Books, Balls, and Blocks events each year.
5. Plans and hosts monthly Parent Café meetings.
6. Attends and provides relevant information at community meetings.
7. Maintains accurate and updated information on licensed childcare centers within the databases utilized
8. Maintains current licenses of licensed childcare centers.
9. Completes all monthly reports required by program.
10. Provides statistical information to CFRS Director as requested.
11. Systematically documents services to address accountability requirements.
12. Inform and support parents and providers about childcare services and policies.
13. Follows the Agency’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
14. Performs other related duties as required by the CFRS Director.
Number of Positions To Fill: 2 (1 for each county)
Number of Weeks Per Year: 52
Number of Hours Per Week: 35
Rate of Pay: $19-$21
Required Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, family studies, sociology or related field, and 3 years of experience working in early education and/or in human services. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
Required Number of Months / Years Experience: 3 years’ experience in early education or human services
Required Degree of Formal Training: N/A
Required License Certificate or Registration: N/A
Deadline For Submission: 12/10/2021 Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID