Job Summary: Consumer Education Manager
Position Available: Consumer Education Manager
Job Location: Hunterdon, Sussex & Warren Counties
Norwescap Child and Family Resources (CFRS) is seeking a Quality Improvement Specialist. Norwescap CFRS is the designated Child Care Resource and Referral Agency for Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties, by the NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development (DFD). Our mission is to empower families and the community through enhancing the quality and accessibility of early education and by providing information and resources to community services.
Our Quality Improvement Specialist serves as the ambassador in our communities to Grow NJ Kids, New Jersey’s Quality Improvement System. Grow NJ Kids (GNJK) is New Jersey’s program to raise the quality of child care and early learning across the state. The Quality Improvement Specialists works with centers and family child care providers on recruitment and continuous quality improvement efforts; and works with families and the community to educate and promote GNJK.
For parents, GNJK provides information on selecting a quality provider to help them make the most of their children’s early learning opportunities. For child care and early learning programs, it provides resources that help raise their quality and continuously improve their programs
Requirements – Must be active in the NJ Workforce Registry, attend Department of Human Services (DHS)/Division of Family Development (DFD) and Department of Education-Division of Early Childhood Education (DOE/DECE) and Department of Children and Families /Office of Licensing sponsored trainings and meetings, utilize the NJ Workforce Registry training registration system, participate in GROW NJ Kids Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) team meetings, and participate in meetings with the GROW NJ Kids Administrator.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to –
· As needed, assist programs with completing enrollment in the NJ Workforce Registry for all required staff
· Provide a Grow NJ Kids Overview and discuss framework with enrolled program staff
· Conduct site visits to assess program readiness prior to beginning the self-assessment
· Review and discuss Licensing Status
· Review and discuss the programs self-assessed Environmental Rating Scores. Provide reflective feedback.
· Attend professional development trainings on coaching, mentoring, and other topics as related
· Attend quarterly regional meetings for case conferencing
· In addition to program visits, provide unlimited support to administrators in the form of e-mail and phone conferences · Track and document programs progress through the initial steps of Grow NJ Kids
· Submit required reports to DFD documenting services provided to programs
· Responsible for introducing the Technical Assistance Specialist and transitioning the program to the Regional Technical Assistance Center
· Other duties as assigned
NORWESCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rate of Pay: $23.00 – $26.00
Required Level of Education: at a minimum a Bachelor of Education or related field (i.e. Psychology, Social Work, Nursing or any other field related to child growth and development; or teaching certification from the State Department of Education-Nursery School, Preschool through third grade or Teacher of the handicapped). Should have experience with administering structured classroom observation tools, NJ preschool teaching and learning standards, NJ birth to three learning standards and mentoring and coaching practices with program administrators and teachers. Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
Required Number of Month / Years Experience: 3 years of experience working in an early education environment or experience working with families or in a social service environment.
Required Degree or Formal Training:
Required License Certificate or Registration:
Deadline For Submission: 5/5/2021