Job Summary: Community Development Asssistant, Phillipsburg
Position Available: Community Development Assistant
Mail Application: Community Development Manager
350 Marshall Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
Job Location: Hybrid Remote/Phillipsburg
Reporting to the Community Development Manager, the Community Development Assistant provides support of the development, implementation and evaluation of community programs, grant applications and research of best practices of community-based programs that fosters Norwescap’s strategies to create a community where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. The Community Development Assistant will work closely with community members and across Norwescap programs relevant to community development to help the organization achieve its mission.
Core Job Functions:
• Maintain program database of community volunteers and partners.
• Data entry into Norwescap’s data collection program EmPowor.
• Data analysis of Norwescap’s six domains (health, housing employment, education, financial empowerment and volunteerism) to identify community development opportunities across Norwescap’s service areas (Hunterdon, Morris, Sussex, Somerset and Warren Counties).
• Evaluate community-based programs, including administering surveys, compiling and analyzing data for public consumption
• Conduct research into best practices in community-based programs focusing on development of affordable housing, economic development and community engagement.
• Support the design of strategies to affect community development relevant to housing, economic development and community engagement.
• Oversee project tasks for existing and new innovative initiatives/strategies.
• Support Community Development Manager in the research, development and promotion of new grant applications relevant to the revitalization of housing, economic development and community engagement.
• Maintain a database of grant applications and awards.
• Contribute to preparing reports for existing grants.
• Promotion of community-based programs, including content writing, development of promotional materials and social media.
• Develop regular correspondence to volunteers and partners.
• Plan, attend, participate in and facilitate community events and local meetings.
Calendar & Event Support
• Plan, organize, schedule events and manage/maintain a Community Development Program calendar.
• Contribute to the Community Development Program implementation of events including webinars, conferences, and community outreach.
Other Duties as Assigned
Professional and Ethnical Standards:
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with agency policy and legal requirements.
• Be honest, reliable and dependable.
• Work as a team member with all staff.
• Respect the diversity and humanity of coworkers and participants.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Strong data management skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Solid writing skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Passion for creating well-being in communities.
Rate of Pay: $18 – $20
Required Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Number of Month / Years Experience: 3 years
Required Degree or Formal Training:
Required License Certificate or Registration:
Deadline For Submission: Until filled