We serve families living in Warren and Hunterdon Counties, with the majority of families living in Phillipsburg, in which the mother is pregnant or has an infant up to the age of 3 months. We can also enroll families who receive TANF up until the child is 12 months old in both counties.
Norwescap Healthy Families-TIP of Warren & Hunterdon Counties, a program of Prevent Child Abuse NJ, strives to provide all expectant and new parents with the opportunity to receive the education and support they need at the time their baby is born.
This free, evidence-based program is nationally recognized and is structured as a home visiting model designed to work with families who may have histories of trauma, intimate partner violence, mental health, and/or substance abuse issues. Healthy Families-TIP is also open to all expectant and new parents. Services are offered voluntarily, intensively, and over the long-term (3 years after the birth of the baby).
The program offers participants:
- In-Home Supportive Services
- Initial Screen & Assessment
- Parent Education
- Information & Referral Services
- Parent Meetings- Guest speakers, socialization
Additional services include:
- Support & Encouragement
- Promotes Positive Parent-Child Relationships
- Parent Education based on the Parents-As-Teachers (PAT) Born to Learn Curriculum
- Documentation of Well Baby Visits and Immunizations
- Knowledge of Resources in the Community
- Limited Transportation and Parent Incentives
- Translations & Interpretation
- Reside in Warren or Hunterdon County
- Must be Pregnant or have a newborn under 3 months of age (under 12 months if receiving TANF Benefits)
This is a free and voluntary program and offered for a minimum of three years.