Want to schedule a free appointment with a VITA tax preparer? Click here to contact our office in your county or to schedule your appointment online.
Interested in becoming a VITA volunteer? Contact email@example.com.
VITA offers free tax help to low-moderate income individuals and families, including young adults, adults, senior citizens, persons with disabilities and those with limited English. The program provides a critical service for individuals and families with low to moderate income, many of whom are not aware that they qualify for programs that will provide a significant tax rebate (such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Senior Tax Freeze), or don’t file at all and lose any refund that may be due to them.
This initiative is funded by the IRS and supports a unique partnership between Norwescap and the United Way of Northern New Jersey. Norwescap files over 3,000 tax returns annually, and together, we have helped put millions of dollars back into the hands of families.
To schedule an appointment with a VITA preparer, call us today!
Morris, Sussex or Warren County: 973-784-4900 ext. 2902 or Option 4
Or click here to schedule online
What you need to bring to your appointment:
- A photo ID and your social security card
- If you are filing jointly, you need to bring your spouse and their photo ID & social security card
- If you have dependents, you need to bring their social security card(s)
- Any W-2s or 1099s
- 1095-A or proof of health insurance
- A copy of last year’s taxes
- Any other income
- If applicable, total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- If applicable, PTR (Blue Book) and property tax information
- For direct deposit, proof of bank account number and routing number
What we cannot prepare:
- Active military income (but you can do this yourself at myfreetaxes.com!)
Rental income (if you rent to someone else)
- Business income
- Farm income
- Form K1 with a loss
- Self-employed with a loss
You can also file your taxes for free online at: www.myfreetaxes.com