National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more care places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
Millions of neighbors take part in NNO across thousands of communities from all fifty states and are celebrated on the first Tuesday of August, annually. Neighborhoods host block style parties, festivals, cookouts and various community events with safety demonstrations, youth events, visits from emergency personnel, exhibits and much more.
NNO was introduced in August of 1984 through an already established network of law enforcement agencies, neighborhood watch groups, civic groups, state and regional crime prevention associations and volunteers across the nation. NNO has grown to become a celebration beyond just front porch vigils and symbolic efforts amongst neighbors to send a message of real camaraderie between law enforcement and you and me.
Norwescap and Traditions Family Success Center have taken part in National Night Out through volunteerism and through our partnership with many of the Municipal Alliances in our communities.
Our deep respect and appreciation for law enforcement, coupled with our long-standing place in the community, support for our families, substance abuse prevention and the programming that form the structure for success- we feel go hand in hand with the mission of Norwescap- Creating Opportunities, Changing Lives.
Norwescap is happy to be involved in this important and widespread effort by law enforcement to bring families out on Tuesday August 6, 2019 from 6-8pm;
- Phillipsburg at Shappel Park; games, music…. photo booth…. food, fun
- Pohatcong at the Huntington Fire Department lot; bounce house, food, demonstrations by the Jaws of Life crew, DJ entertainment
- Alpha at the firehouse…. DJ entertainment, music and food!
- Lopatcong at the Pool upper pavilion, emergency personnel, vendors, food and music!
- Washington at Meadow Breeze Park, food, music, games!
- Hackettstown, 6-10 next to the pool, canine demonstration, M&M Mars, Hackettstown Medical Center handing out cookies, a movie!!!
- Belvidere is at the Goodwill Fire Company, fun and activities for all ages.