Norwescap Career & Life Transitions Center (CLTC) provides quality services that assist “Displaced Homemakers” and other women in gaining personal and economic self-sufficiency to reach their full potential through education, training, job readiness, community referrals, and supportive services. All services provided by the CLTC are FREE to qualifying clients.
A “Displaced Homemaker” is a person who has lost their primary means of financial support due to:
- Disability of Spouse
- Income-providing partner becomes unemployed
- Experienced Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault
And one of the following:
- Someone who needs services before she/he can safely leave the home- emotional separation
- Individuals over the age of 40
- Alimony ending
- Public Assistance ending within a year and has dependent children
Norwescap CLTC is part of the Displaced Homemaker Network, operating three of the 22 Centers in the state of New Jersey. We provide a safe place to be during your transition and offer the support you need to succeed. Additionally, thanks to a generous grant from Impact 100 Garden State, we are able to serve women who are unemployed and under-employed regardless of marital status in Passaic, Morris, Somerset, Sussex and Union counties.
The CLTC staff will partner with you to develop individual plans to assist you in moving forward during your transition to becoming economically self-sufficient. This may include addressing immediate basic needs such as housing or food. Our workshops and development courses include: Computer Fundamentals, Office 365, Advanced Word, Advanced Excel, Zoom 101, Netiquette, Empowerment to New Beginnings, Career & Life Club for job seekers, Financial workshops, Internet Job Search, LinkedIn and Self-care workshops all striving to build new skills, self-esteem and gain financial independence.
- Advisement & Planning
- Computer Literacy Training
- Job Readiness Skills
Job Search Assistance:
- Career Interest Assessment
- Vocational Counseling
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Job Search Skills/Internet Access
- Training Grants and Referrals
- Money Management Workshops
- Wardrobe of Hope (Career Clothing)
- Information on College Financial Aid/Scholarships, Tuition Assistance
- Support Groups
- Referrals to Community Resources
Life Skills Training/ Self Development Workshops:
- Self-Respect & Self-Esteem
- Decision Making and Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Empowerment Program
- Self-care Workshops
Legal Clinics & Family Law Workshops:
- Cost Effective Ways of Working with an Attorney
- Legal, Financial and Emotional Aspects of Divorce
- Must meet the definition of a Displaced Homemaker, unless you reside in Passaic, Morris, Somerset, Sussex, or Union County. If your reside in one of these counties and you are interested in our services, please contact our North Plainfield Center at 908-900-0060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career and Life Transitions Center Locations
84 Park Avenue, Suite E-103
Flemington NJ 08822
Tues – Fri: 9:00am – 5:30pm
170 Watchung Avenue
North Plainfield, NJ 07060
908 (must dial area code) 900-0060
Tues – Fri: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Warren County – NEW LOCATION!
88-90 South Main Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
Mon – Fri: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Appointments are requested. Confidentiality is respected.