Norwescap & AmeriCorps work together for the National Day of Service in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. on January 16th, 2023.
Join us throughout the entire month of January 2023 as we collect much-needed staple food items to stock the shelves at our local food pantries.
Donations boxes are set up throughout Norwescap’s serving areas for your convenience, or you can make a financial gift to support the drive. A list of our most-needed items is included below.
Prefer to make a financial contribution? Click here to make a gift to support Norwescap’s Food Bank.
Donation Boxes located at: (updated 1/13)
- Valley Bank – Belvidere: 540 County Road 519, Suite 9, Belvidere, NJ 07832
- Valley Bank – Blairstown: 152 State Route 94, Blairstown, NJ 07825
- Valley Bank – Hackettstown: 105 Mill Street Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- Phillipsburg Municipal Building – 120 Filmore Street, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Monday – Friday
- Norwescap Headquarter Office: 350 Marshall Street, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Norwescap Financial Empowerment Office: 90 S Main Street, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Norwescap Career & Life Transitions Center – Somerset County: 170 Watchung Avenue, North Plainfield, NJ 07060
- PLEASE NOTE: North Plainfield days and hours for food donations in January. The donation box is stored inside the church, at the CLTC room but WIC and LIHEAP are able to unlock the door and place donations in the box for you.
- Go to the red door of building attached to the church and use the doorbell labeled WIC
- Monday 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Norwescap Child & Family Resource Services – Sussex County: 186 Halsey Road, Newton NJ 07860
- Norwescap Child & Family Resource Services – Hunterdon County: 84 Park Ave Suite E-104, Flemington NJ 08822
Norwescap Food Bank Most Needed Items:
- Soups (low sodium)
- Ready-to-eat Canned Meals
- Chili (bean, chicken, beef)
- Stew (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- Hot Cereals
- Canned Tuna & Chicken
- Canned Veggies (low sodium)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Shelf-Stable Milk
- Pasta & Pasta Sauces
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Canned Fruits (in juice/light syrup)
- Fruit Juice (100% juice)
- Cold Cereals (whole grain)
Donations for the Norwescap AmeriCorps MLK Food Drive
Your gift today helps the families in our area to put healthy food on their tables. Through the difficult times – together we can keep extending helping hands to our neighbors who need us right now to ensure they have better tomorrows.
Prefer to mail your donation? Please send a check (payable to Norwescap) to:
ATTN: AmeriCorps Food Drive
350 Marshall Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
Please contact Jessica Irish at 908-454-7000 x3032, or at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for supporting Norwescap and AmeriCorps on this Martin Luther King Day of Service project.