Norwescap Child and Family Resource Services (CFRS) is the lead support for all licensed early childhood education and childcare programs in Hunterdon, Warren and Sussex Counties. There are two goals for Norwescap CFRS:
Expand access to high-quality childcare and early childhood education programs; and,
Improve the quality of all childcare and early childhood education programs.
To accomplish these goals, Norwescap CFRS provides critical services to State-licensed childcare providers and those seeking to achieve State-licensing.
- Provide free and confidential childcare referrals for parents;
- Administer the childcare subsidy programs in Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties;
- Provide training opportunities for childcare and early childhood education programs;
- Register family childcare providers;
- Free and confidential
- Available 24 hours a day
- Childcare specialist during business hours
- Online search after hours
- Available Childcare Options
- Licensed Childcare Center
- Registered Family Childcare Providers
- Head Start Programs
- School-Age Childcare Programs
- Nursery and Pre K Programs
- Summer Camps
Norwescap does not endorse or recommend any individual childcare provider; we strongly encourage parents to visit and access each site prior to their final selection of a childcare provider. However, we work with parents to help them find the provider that best suits their needs.
- To help expand access to high-quality childcare and early childhood education programs for low-income families, Norwescap CFRS administers Federal, State and private funds to subsidize childcare expenses for Hunterdon Sussex and Warren Counties.
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Childcare Subsidy
- Eligibility determined by County Social Services
- NJCK (New Jersey Cares for Kids) Childcare Subsidy
- Eligibility base on guidelines
- Working 30 hours per week; or
- Taking 12 college credits; or
- Attending 20 hours per week training or technical school; or
- Combination of the above to equal full-time participation
- United Way Childcare Support
Norwescap CFRS offers training to early childhood professionals in Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren Counties. We offer a variety of topics tailored to the needs of individual providers and include child health & safety, child growth & development, curriculum, assessment & evaluation, professionalism, program management, and establishing relationships with families. All training sessions include hands-on activities with experienced childcare experts. We offer onsite training at your facility and monthly training at Norwescap’s offices.
All training events are listed on NJCCIS.com.
Registered Family Childcare Providers
Norwescap Child and Family Resource Services offer training to become an NJ registered family childcare provider. The training is free and gives you the information needed to start your own business. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local office.
If you have any complaints or concerns about a Registered Family Childcare Provider in Hunterdon, Sussex or Warren County, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call your local office. All complaints about Registered Family Childcare Providers may be called in anonymously.
Licensed Childcare Information
If you have any complaints or concerns about a Licensed Childcare Center, please call, Office of Licensing at (877) 667-9845. Complaints may be made anonymously.
Childcare inspection reports are now online. The New Jersey Department of Child and Families has created a searchable online database of nearly 4,000 state licensed childcare centers, enabling parents to search for centers and access a center’s state inspection report.
Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development (DHS/DFD) is responsible for promoting safe, affordable and accessible high-quality childcare services in New Jersey.
Online Searches: https://orm.naccrraware.net/orm/ormLogin.action?uid=VH8T9O9GZ8XUVJ4
Head Start: https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/
Contact info firstname.lastname@example.org